Monday, August 17, 2009

Jewish State Of Mind

I'm in a Jewish state of mind. This passing week, I released three new Jewish items to my store!
Sentimental Billy Joel with a Klezmer band as background music and a huge sweet Challah in my kitchen.
That took a lot of work and Judaism out of me. Jeff, my printer, handed me two new boxes (I love these boxes and the smell of the new paper) with my new " Chag Sameach" ("Happy Holidays" in Hebrew) and "Mazel Tov" greeting cards.
The third Jewish item I finished this week a set of "L'shana Tova" ("To a happy new year" in Hebrew) magnets.
I feel so traditional all of a sudden !!! It is not surprising because... I'm in a Jewish state of mind, and in a sharing mood too.

mazel tov cardmazel-tov-card setThe Mazel Tov Cards
I love mosaics and heart mosaics even more

In designing the Mazel Tov card I used mixed media digital (I combined photos of ancient mosaics of the Star of David and the symbolic “flower of hearts”).
I “framed” the card with an old ancient-style illustration that is inspired by traditional Ketubah .
I wanted it represent, deep, ancient love to what ever celebration you are having.

I love the image of the Seven Species, an image that makes me fantasize the Hebrew holidays of Biblical times: Rosh Hashanah, Sukkoth, Passover and Shavuot.
The card is based on my original illustration of the Seven Species.

Chag Sameach (happy Holidays) CardThe Chag Sameach (happy Holidays) Card
I made the seven spices look like they are printed on
a canvas
to give the final result a touch of the warmth of “the olden days”

The Rosh Hashanah Magnets (Set of 4) includes the pomegranate - wishing prosperity - and apples "floating" in honey - for a very sweet year.


As a balance to tradition, biblical symbols, holidays etc. Perry demanded that I design (and print, of course!) cards according to his ideas this week :
It was a designing break of a 6 YO state of mind (The Wiggles serve as background music here):

"The Froggy's Boat" card is based on a photo of Froggy
(made by Perry and I) in his boat
(made by Perry out of his wooden blocks)

"The 500 Rocket" card
Based on a photo of a rocket that was made
from wooden blocks by Perry

2 comments:

BALLET NEWS said...

Hello, just leaving you a comment as I've so enjoyed looking around your site and reading your lovely posts. Great pictures too !

Thank so much for sharing them and I hope you have a fab weekend (well, the rest of it anyway...)!

Best wishes to you

Tamar Hammer said...

Thank you so much Elise for your warm comment!