Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Bring the Spring Recipe

Oh it's so cold today.
It's the middle of what the so called "spring break" - but give me a break this is nothing like a spring weather to me.
True - there are stubborn people and trees that follow the rules and who take vacations or bloom these days. Sorry - I don't get it.

Wait a minute - I've just made up my mind - I'm going to change the system from within.
I'll do it from my small microcosmic kitchen. I'll start right away with what is planned to be my next Northwestern move for this day: preparing lunch.
While outside is this Northwestern spring - I'll cook the wild sole I have just bought in a kind of "Mediterranean cooking style" way. Maybe it will inspire the whole system to a change . They always tell you that one butterfly wing move in China can make a difference - so why not a baked sole from Eugene, Oregon?
And yes - I'll definitely take some pictures for you wherever you are, China or Australia - if you like to try it too - it's low fat and tastes great in all seasons!!!

Bring the Spring Recipe

ingredients:

1 pound fresh sole fillets
2 tomatoes

parsley
(a lot)
2 cloves of garlic

1 onion

juice from 1 large lemon

4 tablespoons of olive oil


ground pepper

salt

cumin


Put the sole in a Pyrex pan.
Cut the tomatoes, garlic, onion, parsley - to large pieces and put them between the sole fillets.


Spread ground paper, salt and cumin on top of the fish and the vegetables.
Pour the olive oil and the lemon juice on top.
Add water to the height of 1/3".


Bake in oven set at 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 Celsius) for about 45 minutes.

* Check from time to time if there is a need to add some water, you don't want the pan bottom to get dry ( if needed add boiling water).

Enjoy!

Lunch was great but to be honest - it didn't made a difference out there - still gray and cold.
I'll wait for the butterfly to move his wings.

No comments: