Monday, June 7, 2010

Old Jewish Symbols, Mountains and Valleys

When I was a child I had this vision of myself painting colorful plates for tourists in an isolated village on top of high mountains in some very exotic location. Well it didn't happen, I was born in a valley (The Jezreel Valley, Israel) and currently I live in a valley too (Willamette valley, OR) which I definitely can't describe as "exotic" in any way.
Still the act of hand painting old Judaism symbols on recycled paper is smiler in a way to this fantasy. Strange feeling at first, surprisingly powerful feeling later. Also giving my own translation to traditional symbols without any "machine" like a printer for the final result feels authentic.
Acrylic paints on recycled paper

Hamsa Hand (Tree of Life) - Hand Painted Card (5 x 7'')
Acrylic paints on recycled paper

Tree Of Life - Hand Painted Card (4 1/4'' x 5 1/2'')
Acrylic paints on recycled paper

Acrylic paints on recycled paper

Peace Dove - Hand Painted Card (5 x 7'')
Acrylic paints on recycled paper

In other words, as we often hear - don't give up on your dreams or fantasies. They might be waiting for you, at the other side of the world, in a place that may refuse to accept the summer (it has been raining here for 3 weeks now!) but still a place that has very nice craft shops.

No comments: